Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Post Chemo Report

Well, the first day after my chemo on Monday was a more typical reaction I think. I ran a low-grade fever and was actually sick (first time since I got cancer). Napped a lot and didn’t do much. Today (Wednesday) I felt slightly better and managed to cut about ¾ of my lawn before having to rest. Slept most of the afternoon. Pump comes off tonight and I’ll be able to get a shower. Looking forward to that.

Verva has been my angel. I cannot say how much she means to me or how hard she tries to help me through this. She has a positive attitude and is a strong believer in healing by visualization. I’m very glad she walked into my parent’s kitchen in 1964.

Reminder to everyone – you may be able to avoid what I’ve been going though by getting an endoscopy. It’s painless and you don’t have to drink a gallon of liquid. It should be part of your regular checkups - especially if you suffer from heartburn or acid reflux. If you haven’t had one recently, think hard on getting one soon.

One day at a time, piece of cake.

No comments: