Monday, March 5, 2007

Support

I was going to make this blog a list of everyone who has e-mailed me or made a comment on my blog but when I counted the names and came up with 191 different people or couples I was overwhelmed. Many of you maintain an ongoing dialog with me and I really like that. I can’t tell you what your comments and e-mail mean to us. One thing it means is that we are not alone, that we have a large group of family and friends supporting us.

“You walk through the darkness with us, not because you are ill and have to, but because you choose to. We were drafted but you enlisted. We recognize and appreciate the difference more than words can ever say. YOU are our heroes, our support, and our reasons for fighting.” From “There’s No Place like HOPE” by Vickie Girard.

Today was a lovely day here in Texas. It started out cold but may have gotten to 70. I put six bags of fertilizer on the lawn (about 3 bags short of what I needed). Verva and I cleaned out the raised veggie beds and she got the bush bean bed ready to go. We planted some tomatoes and other things given to us by our good friend and ace gardener, Chris.

I’m still feeling pretty good. Last night I ate the biggest dinner yet without any problems and that was very encouraging. We continue to improve and move towards a more normal life.

One day at a time – piece of cake….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! Mr. Densmore! Do you remember the loud mouthed redhead in the mailroom at Exxon, circa 1982-92? That would be me, Josie. You were wise enough not to be intimidated by me or insulted. You look pretty much the same--little greyer, but that's ok--we've earned it. Like your attitude and wish you well. You were always a strong winner. Blessings to you and yours!