Monday, April 2, 2007

Sunshine

It seems to me that the recovery from the last chemo session took a little longer than the one before it. Not an encouraging trend. Yesterday I was pretty depressed – seemed like every little thing I did wore me out. Verva suggested I go outside and get some fresh air and sun and see if that didn’t pick me up some.

I drug my butt out of my chair and out the door. Pulled a couple of weeds that had been bugging me because I had to look at them while I was eating breakfast. Pulled all the weeds in the bush bean bed – now it’s ready for beans. I put the kickstand I bought last week on my bike. Climbed into the attic and got a chair, my fishing pole and tackle box. Sat the chair in the sun and cleaned up my pole. I think I’ll wet a line in the pond behind my house.

I rode my bike another 2 miles around the neighborhood and it all felt good. Verva was right – I needed sunshine and fresh air. I will try for some more of the same this afternoon.

Oh and I feel pretty good today, the chemo impact seems to be finally gone and I have a week to look forward to. I’m heading for Baytown in a few minutes to attend a retirement lunch and, tomorrow, Verva and I are going downtown to see the French Impressionist exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Life is good when lived one day at a time – piece of cake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

I am glad to hear that your chemo has had some success on reducing your cancer. That's such great news! Sunshine is also a great treatment for the blues, no matter what the cause. I went to the Met in New York last year and saw the French Impressionist wing. It's an excellent exhibit and I am sure you will enjoy it. Have fun!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Geez
That's a lot of stuff to do in one day! You're making SOME of us retired guys look bad. I'm going to take a break and plan the rest of my day.
Pete

Sarah said...

Hey Dad! Glad you had a better day. I hope you had a good time in Baytown. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,

"Sunshine almost always makes me happy.."
I agree with Pete, you did so much in one day, you are showing up some of us old guys. When we visited Sean in NY, we saw the French Impressionist exhibit. Let us know your impressions.

Much Love,
Jon and Margie