Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Back to Normal

This time it took me three days to get back to “normal” after chemo. Today is Tuesday and I feel pretty good. Yesterday we went down to Galveston to the Social Security office and signed up for Social Security. I had held off because I was working but now it doesn’t look like I’ll be working very much. We went for a walk on the seawall and had lunch at the Mosquito Café. Nice day.

Today I’m going to edge and mow the yard. It’ll be interesting to see if I can do the whole thing without wearing out. The weather’s pretty nice – cloudy but warmish – so I want to take advantage of the day. Verva’s spending the afternoon at the university in her pottery studio – it’s a nice break for her and she’s very talented.

P.S. Yard work went well – edged and mowed and then took a nap in the hammock.

Tough life.

2 comments:

Dan Stangel said...

Jeez Bob, I don't mean any offense to you or others by this, but you sure make having cancer sound easy... even relaxing!

Thanks for your note on my blog too - we'll keep you up to date on the new arrival as soon as he gets here. We heard you guys will be at Bodega Bay next month. I wish we could join you! It takes me back to the "good old days" for sure.

Keith Hollier said...

Bob, The last time we spoke, you were in Baton Rouge for a Cold Eyes Review and preparing for retirement. I was dismayed when I heard about your cancer. I had met your daughter, Katy, several months ago when she joined the Process Control community and we attended a Gulf Coast Leadership Team meeting. I didn't know the connection until our most recent meeting last week.
After reading some of your blogs, I see you have a great attitude (as I would have expected) and you're meeting the challenge head-on. I just wanted to send you a note to let you know that I'm another one of many who are pulling for you.